How do I become a cardholder?
- Meet with a physician who will evaluate you to see if your condition qualifies for a recommendation. A list of physicians who have given us their information is available here [link to physician page]. The physician has a form to fill out and sign, and it must be submitted with your application.
- Decide if you want to grow your own or use a provider to grow marijuana for you.
- Decide where you will be growing, if you are. If you use a rental space, you will need the landlord’s permission.
- Next, fill out the application.
- Send the physician’s recommendation, application, a check for the fee made payable to DPHHS/MMP, and the landlord authorization form (if needed) to the state. Send it all to DPHHS at P.O. Box 202935, Helena MT 59620-2935.
- The state has 30 days from the date it receives the mail to register you or reject the application, and an additional 5 days to mail the notice out to you. If a provider was selected by the patient and fills out his or her own paperwork, the provider also receives mail from the state containing a letter and a registry ID card. 50-46-303, MCA, paragraph 4.
Was this helpful?