The current law went into effect in 2011 and most of it is in effect. But, it was immediately challenged in court and a judge has blocked several very important provisions, including:
- A ban against compensation for providers, in 50-46-308, MCA
- The limit on the number of patients, appearing in the same statute
- The requirement that providers submit to warrantless searches, in 50-46-329, MCA
- A ban on all advertising by providers 50-46-341, MCA
- The requirement that physicians who make more than 25 recommendations a year be audited by the Montana Board of Medical Examiners and pay for the honor, in 50-46-303, MCA.